Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Internship Program 2022 for Africa
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is an agency specializing in The United Nations that lead international efforts to overcome World hunger. Their goal is to achieve food safety for all and ensure that people have regular access to enough quality food to lead healthy and active lives. With over 194 Member States, CAM works in more 130 countries worldwide. They believe everyone can play a part in ending hunger. FAO’s mandate is to raise the levels of nutritionto improve agricultural productivityimprove the life of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations invites young Africans to apply for its 3-11 month internship program as we will tell you how to apply for the internship in this article.
The Traineeship The human resources program aims to attract young talents women and men who are highly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experiences in FAO fields. The program provides learning opportunity for attendees of extra charge their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the Internship experience at FAOinterns will contribute to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the FAO Strategic Framework to support the Agenda 2030 through transformation towards MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems for better production, better nutrition, better environment and better life, leaving no one behind.
FAO Internship Program
- Type: College establishment
- Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Country to study: Unspecified
- School to study: Unspecified
- Courses to study: Unspecified
- State of origin: Unspecified
- Genre: Men and women
- Registration deadline: December 31, 2022
FAO Internship Program Qualification Requirements
- Registered in a first cycle, graduate course of study at a “genuine” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that CAM only consider graduate degrees obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED)a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list is available at http://www.whed.net/.
- Candidates should specialize in a field related to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be FAO nationals Member States.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 30.
- Candidates must be able to adapt to an international environment multicultural environment and good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the internship programme.
FAO Core Competencies
- Focus on results
- Team work
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Relevant university study in one of the fields of the Organization.
Join over 10,000 Inside OAU Media subscribers and get started receive important updates and essentials of your mail
Information to candidates
- Qualified candidates and qualified nationals of unrepresented or under-represented member countriesas well as candidates from Low Income Food Deficit Countries (LIFDCs), Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs)and Small Island Developing States (SIDS)are encouraged to apply to this call for expressions of interest.
- All requests will be reviewed and only qualified candidates will be directly contacted for interviews by the employment office and contacted again if selected.
- Candidates who have already completed an internship at FAO will not be eligible for another internship.
- Selected candidates must have a suitable residence or immigration status in the proposed country of assignment before joining the Organization.
- CAM pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by the sending universities or other entities.
How to register
- To apply, go to the recruitment site at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile be accurate and complete and include your employment records, academic credentials and language skills.
- You are asked to attach a cover letter, proof of attendance at a recognized university or a copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
- Once your profile is complete, please apply and submit your application via the FAO recruitment portal. Only applications received via the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
- Your application will be projected based on information provided on your online profile.
- Please note that FAO will only consider university degrees or diplomas obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO listing.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates who are not selected by the closing date and wish to be considered permanently for a assignment are requested to submit a new application to the new calls.
- We encourage applicants to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Share this post: If you think this post might be helpful to someone else, share it using the buttons below!