Mental Health Support Group – Keweenaw area to host mental health education event on Wednesday
HOUGHTON, Mich. (WLUC) – A free public program about mental health services and challenges in the Houghton community will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 11 at the Portage Lake District Library, 105 Huron St. in Houghton. The program is sponsored by the Mental Health Support Group – Keweenaw Area.
Speakers include representatives from Dial Help, Copper Country Community Mental Health, Keweenaw Support 4 Healthy Minds, Unite Mental Health and Wellness and Mental Health Support Group – Keweenaw Area.
Each speaker will give a brief presentation on the direction and work of their organization. A question and answer period will follow.
In the Keweenaw, there are five main mental health support groups:
· The Keweenaw Area Mental Health Support Group provides support for people with mental health issues and their families.
· Copper Country Community Mental Health offers treatment for mental health issues.
· Dial Help provides crisis counseling and suicide prevention services.
· Keweenaw Support 4 Healthy Minds advocates for mental health.
· Unite Mental Health and Wellness helps connect people with specialist mental health care providers. Questions? Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2022 WLUC. All rights reserved.