National organization FFA names 2022 U.S. finalists
The FFA National Organization has named 16 finalists for the 2022 Achievement Awards: American Star Farmer, American Star in Agribusiness, American Star in Agricultural Placement and American Star in Agriscience.
The American Star Awards represent the best of the best from thousands of American FFA Diploma recipients. The awards recognize FFA members who have developed outstanding farming skills and competencies through the completion of a supervised farming experience program. SAE projects allow members to learn through hands-on experiences. Members who complete an SAE may own and operate an agricultural business, intern in an agricultural business, or conduct an agriculture-based science experiment. At the end of their project, they reflect and report on their results.
Other requirements to get the award include:
- Demonstrate the best managerial skills
- Complete key agricultural education, academic, and leadership requirements
- Earn an American FFA degree, the highest level of student achievement in the organization.
A panel of judges is tasked with interviewing the finalists and selecting a winner for each category for the FFA’s 95th National Convention and Exposition, to be held in Indianapolis this fall. The four winners will be announced at the convention.
“Related: 10 reasons why we need the FFA national organization
American Star Farmer
- Peter Bliss, Merced-Golden Valley FFA Chapter in California
- Blake Frascht, Charles City FFA Chapter in Iowa
- Zane Hagemeyer, Elmwood FFA Chapter in Ohio
- Emily Makos, FFA Juda Chapter in Wisconsin
American food star
- Terrance Crayton, Wetumpka FFA Chapter in Alabama
- Kaitlyn Hart, Colquitt County Georgia FFA Chapter
- Cotton Booker, Colfax FFA Chapter in Washington
- Haden Handley, Buffalo FFA Chapter in West Virginia
American Star in Agricultural Investment
- Case Edwards, Wetumpka FFA Chapter in Alabama
- Madison County Georgia High School FFA Chapter Cory Yarbrough
- Jacob Wuebker, Versailles FFA Chapter in Ohio
- Emma Victery, Chickasha FFA chapter in Oklahoma
American star in agroscience
- Danae Westra, Visalia-Central Valley Christian FFA Chapter in California
- Marin Lonnee, Oconee County Georgia FFA Chapter
- Sydney Hefty, Indiana Dekalb FFA Chapter
- Ryan Hess, Stephenville FFA Chapter in Texas
For more information on the American Star Awards, click here.
The National FFA Organization is a national, school-based youth leadership development organization with more than 760,000 student members through 8,700 local FFA chapters in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.